Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Real Mom Confessions

Here we are at Wednesday. Time to laugh. Laughter is so good for the soul. And, it was our word of the day discussion in Pouring Acts of Faith last night so that was super fun. To go around the table and lift up such joy just made the laughter start again.

So what are my confessions?

1. I bought a 2 bag box of cereal at Costco. It only had one boxtop on it and I felt seriously ripped off. This is the true sign of being a PTA nerd.

2. I surprised Grace with donuts for breakfast during standardized testing week because I'm sure that it what the principal meant by serving a good breakfast.

3. Our weather has been down right confusing lately. One day it was sunny, warm, and no wind (which seemed a miracle in and of itself) so I decided to walk to pick up the girls from school. We live a little over a half mile from the building. They got out and we started to play on the equipment because it was one day when we did not have dance. I was feeling all cute in my lightweight white capris and bright colored shirt. It was glorious. UNTIL IT SUDDENLY STARTED TO RAIN. Like sheets of rain. So, I yell at the girls that we need to go, and we take off, but four-year-old legs can only travel so fast. And Hannah and Grace thought going home in the downpour was a blast. I, on the other hand, was not so pumped. "RUN! I was just trying to be a good mom and now I'm wearing white pants in the rain AND there is going to be worms." Gross.

4. Ava was eating strawberries at the table, bites the end off, and loudly exclaims, "Butt cheeks." The girls all erupted in laughter. Me: Ava, where did you learn to call strawberries butt cheeks?"

Never in my life did I think I'd hear myself say that, but parenting equals a life of surprises!

Laugh today, friends. Life's too short to go a day without it.

xx Melissa


Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to Subscribe to Fill My Cup by Email and have every post delivered to your inbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...