Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Real Mom Confessions

I don't know how it is already Wednesday again. Has anyone else just had a whirlwind of a week? Last week I hung out with tons of cute kids at the dance studio teaching Dr. Seuss Read Across America field trips. This week - tomorrow to be more specific - is the grades one through three musical at my girls' school that I choreographed. Every day I've been blessed to hang out with some pretty special little friends who have so much spark and so much enthusiasm that I celebrate with them and then come home and promptly put on my PJs and robe. :)  I can't wait to cheer them on in their big show Thursday.....with a coffee in hand.

On to real mom confessions.

1) Gift with kid scissors. I so treasure precious friendships and I LOVE surprises. After having a conversation with my friend, Sami, I bought her a little something that would make her laugh + matter "big picture." However, when I went to wrap the gift my scissors had wandered off. So, this was my solution-



As you can imagine, it looked super classy. Also, now that I'm looking at this picture I realize that I spelled scissors wrong on the note, which is the kind of thing liable to put an author in the fetal position. Oy vey!

2) Falling in dog poop. We've finally had some beautiful days. Grace came in the house yelling, "Mom, I fell in dog poop." Her wiggly fingers looking of filth. Me: "Ew. Gross. Get away from me." Because that is how every good mom responds, right? Then, my girl, normally the more serious one, goes, "Just kidding" and laughs uncontrollably. I suddenly didn't care that I handled myself so poorly. DID. NOT.

3) Wednesday church. I let my kids go to church last Wednesday night dressed as Thing 1, Things 2, and in pajamas. I figured that would be a confession and thought it would end there. I was wrong. The pastor decided to do an interactive sermon. It was amazing, drawing even the little kids into the "big people" message. Question two was about heaven and what you hope it will be like/include. Ava's answer was pumpkin spice cheesecake. Now, as her mom, I can fully appreciate this. I myself said I imagine heaven to be all glory and healing so I just hope it also contains and endless buffet of chocolate and cheesecake. Clearly she has good taste. However, when the pastor asked about answers and I saw her little arm worming its way into the air while people shouted out good "churchy" answers you better believe this mama whipped her arm down, whispering into her ear, "Since you got to answer on question one let's make sure other people get a turn." She called my bluff and when the service got done she marched herself right to the pastor and told on me. Excellent. Since then she's taken every opportunity to let anyone who might care know the same. Let it go, baby girl, let. It. Go.

4) Dancing + cleaning. I don't like to clean. I'm not ashamed to say it. In fact, I wouldn't want a bigger house because I wouldn't want more square footage to dust. The wood floor, though, could care less if I like to sweep or not. It must be done. When doing so, I always listen to music. And, the other day, "All The Single Ladies" came on in a random shuffle (don't judge), inducing a full on solo dance party. With my broom. In front of the window.

Oops.

If the neighbors saw, just, whatever. Mary Poppins says, "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun, and - snap- the job's a game!"

She's on to something.

Dance like nobody's watching, friends!

Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to Subscribe to Fill My Cup by Email and have every post delivered to your inbox.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even notice the misspelled "sissors." The book is great and the fact that it was wrapped was icing on the cake. :-)
    Wednesday was an all-star day, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...