Tuesday, January 26, 2016

If You Want to Heal, You've Gotta Peel Off the Band-Aid

I remember my mom telling me we needed to take off my Band-Aid because the wound needed open air to heal properly. It always went against everything in me to remove the covering that protected the injury from snagging, tearing deeper, or becoming infected.

Today I find myself repeating that to my girls and see the same fear in their eyes.



Exposing pain doesn’t make sense when hiding from the elements is possible.

Not to our bodies.

Not to our hearts.

I wish I could say my adult awareness of this physical concept has helped me adopt it emotionally but that would be a lie. I walk into areas of pain and.... 

To finish reading this post, please visit MODSquad here

Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to Subscribe to Fill My Cup by Email and have every post delivered to your inbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...