Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Real Mom Confessions

Summer is winding down and school prep is on the upswing. In our house this means cramming in the last minute trips to the pool and visits to family members in between dance prep and PTA planning. Next week we're having a staff/committee chair mixer that I'm super excited about. If you have a child in school I'd encourage you to read this for your child + school success.

Despite my awareness of all the routine returning next week, I still made a major foil which will be real mom confession number one.

1. Dance shoes. We start dance next Monday. With three girls we are there Monday-Thursday and I've been saying all along how that day will mark the back-to-school bedtime routine and end travels. I'm also a dance teacher at the studio (check out this link for a father/daughter one evening bridging of hearts and grandparent/grandchild fun if you are in the Sioux Falls area). Still, I managed not to compute needing shoes for next week. How did I do that? I have no explanation. Thankfully the younger two are set with my "used shoes" collection but the oldest needs all new ones. Hopefully they arrive in time. Eek! 

2. Broken bones. Basically the entire neighborhood was at our house the other day and I hear Grace say, "Mom doesn't take me to the doctor's office when I break bones." WHAT?! If you are reading this and your child was at my house I'd like to set the record straight. I do take them to the doctor WHEN IT IS CALLED FOR. Grace maybe broke a bone in her finger once when she fell on a scooter but she could still bend and use it fine. I DID CALL the doctor's office and he suggested that based on her movement they would not do anything, as a splint would not promote better healing. I did my due diligence. I ALWAYS take my children in when their is need, yet I imagine this will be told to a teacher or written in a paper at some point in school.

3. Names. This I am bad at. I only have three kids. Why can't I get their name right the first time? It seems like  I call them by one of their siblings names at the most inopportune times. Like, when the neighbors are over. Hence my child saying, "Does your mom go through all the names before she gets your name right too?"

4. Peppa Pig. We're gearing up for our last summer trip and I'm hoping not to repeat last week. I started humming a tune on our car ride like it was super enjoyable and said, "What is that from again?" Peppa Pig. PEPPA PIG. Please, Lord, no more Peppa Pig ditties in my head.

This is the mom life, I guess. An everyday mix of stress and hilarity. And I wouldn't have it any other way :)



Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to Subscribe to Fill My Cup by Email and have every post delivered to your inbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...