Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Real Mom Confessions: Quotes Edition

Hi, friends! It's already Wednesday. Sometimes I notice the weeks truckin' by by how quickly I'm going from one of these posts to the next. And this week feels like it's gone especially fast since I've been so busy writing the new dance classes. Grandparent and grandchild cuteness. Fathers getting to better know their daughters hearts. I'm having a blast. A busy blast.

So, this week I'm going to go with a few things that have come out of my mouth. Here we go:

1. "Don't run in to any walls." My children were playing ghost and this was my fine parenting advice. I'm pretty sure I should have, oh say, STOPPED THE GAME but I didn't. No one got hurt so we'll count that a success.

2. "You're not going to sleep in a laundry basket." That's something I never imagined saying, but for some reason Hannah thought it would make a better bed than the air mattress on family sleepover night. For the record, I DID stop that one.

3. "How in the world did this even get published?" I'm pretty sure that reading to your children is supposed to be a bonding moment with a fully focussed mind, but I know how hard it is to get published and sometimes when I'm reading Ava's library books (she's four) I find myself shocked it made publication. The other day I blew my, "my mind isn't fully invested" cover when I said, "How in the world did this even get published?" Seriously, the plot line involved an animal not wanting to play hide-and-seek saying, "I have to go pee-pee." WHAT?! For real, those words were on the page.

4. "Come here, kids. Let's hang upside down." My husband gave me "the look." We were at the park and I'd seen Hannah hanging (no surprise there), which gave me a fun idea for a family picture. Generally I'm begging my children not to hang from places for fear they're going to fall on their heads and then I go and suggest it. Whoops. The picture turned out cute and I spared the youngest of fall risk by placing her on top of my man. Work those abs, babe!



I'm thinking Christmas card :)

What funny stuff came out of your mouth this week?

Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to Subscribe to Fill My Cup by Email and have every post delivered to your inbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...