Saturday, June 13, 2015

Take a Chance with Me

“See, I am doing a new thing” the Scripture says (Is 43:19). And I suppose that is true of my life.

2015 has overwhelmed my life with new. That wasn’t the word God placed on my heart going in to January, but I’m sure He knew I’d need an extra dose of bravery to actually make this all happen or I might’ve shook my head in disbelief.

I’ve always been a planner. Yes, life pains have thrown me difficult curveballs, but, for the most part, I’ve methodically worked towards the next goal. I’ve eyed what I believed to be the prize so that when I got to that place in life I would be ready. I realize this battles with the “let go and let God” thing but when I reframe it as “organized” it sounds less offensive. I never claimed perfection J

Thus, I entered the year with a plan to launch the elementary girl mother-daughter dance class. It felt big. It felt scary. And, I questioned if anyone would even come.

They did.

They did and the emotional exchange fueled more. I quietly whispered imaginings to God, hiding it from most to give me time to prepare and find success in that dream.

Ironically, Rhinestone Jesus: Saying Yes to God When Sparkly, Safe Faith is No Longer Enough by Kristen Welch is on my nightstand. “Some small decisions are big right from the word yes,” she writes and God smiles generous.

I feel like the “bigness” of what has happened from my small decision to mention this class idea to the studio owners has come to fruition. Lives are touched. The newspaper article. The big classes this summer. The toddler-mother class starting



And, oh what a precious time that has been.

 Watch out, lady, I have so much more for you.

God is at work ahead of me with complete disregard for my inclination to have all my ducks in a row before approaching something new. He’s broken my heart to a bigger picture. To awareness of possibility that is about so much more than me. Things have snowballed and He’s asking me to be part of the wild ride rather than steer.

It’s terrifying. It’s exhilarating. It’s so not the way I normally do life and yet it so fulfilling.


This is why I’ve been quieter in this space. There’s much work to be done for powerful new things that lie ahead. To my Lord be all the credit. Soon I can tell you more.

xx Melissa

Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to Subscribe to Fill My Cup by Email and have every post delivered to your inbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...