Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Real Mom Confessions

It's Wednesday and we're back with more Real Mom Confessions!  I promise to get back to some inspiring posts in the mix but this has been a crazy few weeks of asthma issues + lots going on with my children's school and activities.  When I can crash, I do!

1. PTA Mom. Speaking of school, I realized I may have crossed the line from normal PTA mom to crazy PTA mom when I actually chose my hair style around a PTA activity. It's true. We've been stuffing popcorn bags for our Circus themed year end party this Friday and I chose a ponytail because of it. Crazy, smart, or a mix of both? Don't answer that :) I'll just go with dedicated.

2. OCD.  I might have a little case of OCD surrounding closets. I like matching hangers facing the same direction and the clothes to go in order of least material (hung tank tops) to most (sweatshirts).



Yesterday my daughter got a whole bag of amazing clothes from a friend and as we were hanging them up I reorganized her closet to fit this pattern in hopes that someday someone in my house will care. I think it's a losing battle, but I tell you, you can find the clothes you are looking for a whole lot faster if you do things this way. Just sayin.'

3.  Growing Up.  We hit a new milestone. I had to stand on a kid stool to be tall enough to do my third grader's hair for the dance recital.  My hubby thought it was hilarious and snapped a picture to text to some family. Wasn't that sweet :)



She's going to top me by fourth grade, I just know it.  On the upside, the hair turned out great and we had a date night at the dance recital watching all three of our littles.



Watching them on stage is so much fun!

4.  The earthy grade.  Speaking of growing, today my children visit their teacher matches for the 2015-2016 school year.  I'm not going to lie, I'm already having some anxiety over second grade, which I affectionately refer to as the "earthy grade." Their field trips are so outdoorsy and I'm more of what Jim Gaffigan refers to as "indoorsy."  (Watch this and you can count it your abdominal exercise for the day because it will make you laugh so hard.) My friend gave me this magnet yesterday and it totally epitomizes me.



What do people have against indoor field trips?! I'm anti communing with bugs.

I hope all is going well in your house this week. For the parents reading this, my heart is with you. These last few weeks of school are a marathon until the end. You can do it!  Summer - and bugs - are almost here :)

xx Melissa

Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to Subscribe to Fill My Cup by Email and have every post delivered to your inbox.

2 comments:

  1. I understand the hanger thing for sure!
    I organize my clothes by length of sleeve and color. I love a good and organized closet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! On a good day mine are color coated too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...