Saturday, November 29, 2014

Advent Using The Jesus Storybook Bible

I can't believe how fast the month of November has flown by.  Our Attitude of Gratitude tablecloth was a hit and as I prepared my table for Advent today the children requested that I leave the tablecloth out for our final few days of writing.  If you didn't get a chance to try this this year, I highly recommend it for next year.  The girls were so excited to write all they were grateful for we actually had to limit the writing to supper time so all our thanks could fit.  We will be repeating every November from now on.  It was so fun to sit down to supper each night and all say what we wrote and why.

Gathering around the table for the "special event" really focused our home of busy little bodies so for advent this year I wanted to bring the focus there as well. So I came up with this:




Advent using The Jesus Storybook Bible.

Ava received The Jesus Storybook Bible as her three year old bible at church this year. 



It is a beautiful bible will gorgeous illustrations and all the Old Testament stories brilliantly point to the birth of Christ.

My friend Erin, over at Home With the Boys, posted this reading plan years before we had the bible and I'd never forgotten it. 





So now I'm going to put it to use. :) If you don't follow her blog, you'll want to start now.  She is sweet and uplifting and just a blessing to the blogging universe.

To make it an around the table event, I ran to Target and found this Can-O-Tags for $5. I love how heavy weight they are, the words on them, and that I will have many left for presents I wrap, tying our adventing heart to the giving spirit under our tree.


On the back of 24 I wrote the date and story title from the Jesus Storybook Bible.


Then I placed the tags around my "Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord" angel for advent. And, I spruced it up with the pine cones from last month's table and a few little ball ornaments from the dollar section. I adore how perfectly everything thematically fell together.


Beginning December 1 we will gather as a family around the table.  The girls' task will be to find the tag with the matching day and together we will read the bible story.

I can't wait!

How are you adventing with your littles this year?

Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to Subscribe to Fill My Cup by Email and have every post delivered to your inbox.

3 comments:

  1. Love this. So cute. I have to buy that Bible and pick up a can to use with my grandsons when they are old enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a special thing to do with your grandkids. They are clearly blessed with one very special grandma :)

      Delete
  2. Nice blog post If you are searching for the quality jesus bible celebrate Further insight and revelation in the characters of the Gospels.Holy bible niv,holy bible new international version ,new international bible ,bible niv version

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...