Tuesday, February 4, 2014

"Mommy's Chicken"

It's conference week at the elementary school my children attend and one of the things our PTA does for the staff we love is serve homemade meals each of the three conference nights.  It is a small way to give back to those pouring so much into our children.

This year I made "Mommy's Chicken."  It probably should have a more intelligent sounding name but that is what my kids call it and it's stuck.  Plus, my mom made it for me in my growing up years so it just makes sense :)

This is the easiest, most succulent, tender chicken you could ever make.  In fact, it is so simple the word recipe sounds like a stretch.  Added bonus? You make it in a crockpot, so it basically cooks itself. 



You will need:
1 Tablespoon butter
4-5 chicken breasts
4-5 slices American cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup

To make it, simply throw the butter into the bottom of your crockpot and add the chicken breasts.  Put one slice of American cheese over each breast and cover with one can of cream of mushroom soup.  Cook on low for about 6 hours (depending on how hot your crockpot cooks).

Additional instructions would be: stir if you feel like it.

I know...pretty intense, right?  Try not to break a nail.  :)

When I make it at home I also add potatoes and carrots right into the crockpot so that when it is done we have a full meal ready to go.

This makes for a super yummy meal for your family and is a easy way to bless others.  Little acts of love go a long way...even simple ones!
Subscribe to Fill My Cup by Email

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...