Tuesday, November 12, 2013

One in the Dark

God gave you a gift of 86, 400 seconds today. Have you used one to say thank you?”
William Arthur Ward

The lights were off and the room fell silent.  After a busy day, our children were wiped and wanting to go to bed.  This alone was indicative of a miracle.  Our six year old climbed up on my lap and snuggled in.  I brushed her hair behind her ears and whispered that I loved her.  Every mama knows it is in these moments that the little in our girls and the movement of time collide.

“I want to sleep, mom, but I can’t.”

The events of her exciting day ran wild through her mind.  She was caught up in the moments and struggled to let them go.

I can relate.  I struggle with the same.

I often see what is right in front of me.....

To finish reading this post and read many more on "being thankful" please visit MODSquad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...