Monday, August 19, 2013

Back to School {Pics & Interview}

This morning the kids woke up long before they needed to buzzing with excitement for a new school year.  Before my husband and I could even get out of bed, they had heaping bowls of cereal dished up and brand new clothes on.



We painted matching nails last night to sport their room pride.



And backpacks & lunch boxes with their first lunch box love notes of the year were slung over their shoulders.


Grace decided to make polka dots her theme.  Hannah chose Merida because she is so "brave" to go to kindergarten.

Grace will be starting second grade today.  Here is a snapshot of her.




What is your favorite color?  Pink
What is your favorite song? I can't decide between "Hello, My Name Is" & "My Girl"
What do you want to be when you grow up?  A dance teacher
If you could be granted one wish, what would it be?  To fly
What is a super power you wish you had?  To find anything I lost by snapping my fingers
What is your favorite thing about yourself?  That I love God
What is your favorite summer memory?  Going to the pool
What are you most excited about in school?  Meeting more new friends
What are you praying for your teacher?  That she is well when she has her baby
How do you want to let your light shine for Christ when you are there?  By doing what the teacher says

Hannah is all geared up for kindergarten now that she's read Grace's advice.  This is what she had to tell me.



What is your favorite color?  Purple
What is your favorite song? Amazing Grace
What do you want to be when you grow up?  A dance teacher
If you could be granted one wish, what would it be?  To have pixie dust
What is a super power you wish you had?  To sing a song out of my mouth without talking
What is your favorite thing about yourself?  Being God's princess
What is your favorite summer memory?  Playing with my cousins
What are you most excited about in school?  Seeing my teacher
What are you praying for your teacher?  That she'll have fun with us
How do you want to let your light shine for Christ when you are there?  By sharing with other people

It does my heart good to know that these two sweethearts are going to be in the same place



Even if it means a huge transition for me.  The last time I was alone with one kid most of the day was over six years ago, which means another forced refiguring of my time.  Theoretically I'll get five afternoons of writing and I'll be able to give Ava the one on one time she has rarely had. 

Transitions...they usher us into new sew seasons of life and keep us honed in on Him.  A gift to say the least.
 

3 comments:

  1. Your daughters look so cute and excited. They must have been excited to be up and eating before you got out of bed. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! Too cute!! I can't wait for school days with my kiddos - Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious way to keep track of your child's likes. And such good pictures, too. I hope your writing time is a joy place for you each day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...