Thursday, August 15, 2013

A 7 Year Old's Advice to an Incoming Kindergartener

When Grace was entering kindergarten I wrote her a note as encouragement for her and therapy for me. :)  She was my first babe to leave for school and I struggled with it....until I quickly saw how much fun she was having inside the walls of our incredible school.  Now, with girl number two starting kindergarten this coming Monday, I invited Grace, the "seasoned pro," to guest post a message on the blog to her little sister.  I expected things like "always listen to the teacher," "be quiet during munch down minutes," "walk in the hallway" and other rules that when followed make for a smooth day.  What she surprised us with was so much better... 



Hannah,

As you walk through the door in kindergarten and put a happy face on God blesses you.  You will be awesome at what you're doing even if you have to try again.  God looks at you and says, "Keep trying.  You're doing great!."  You will keep trying.  You can do it.  You're a nice, kind, and intelligent girl.  You'll learn and succeed.  If you say, "I can't do it," can't isn't going to help you at all.  Look with God's eyes.  He says, "You ALWAYS will achieve."  You will make it through the day, month and year.  So keep moving on and do your best.  When you come home from kindergarten say, "I did it.  God made me a great person."  You can do it.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 Grace

Yep.  I cried.  A beautiful reminder of who we all are in Christ through the eyes of a 7 year old. 

Whatever season of life you read this in, be encouraged.  And, Hannah, know that we will always be your biggest cheerleaders. 
Subscribe to Fill My Cup by Email

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...