Saturday, May 25, 2013

Ephesians 1:4

This morning my girls are I took a trip to the Butterfly House.  They love touching the sting rays and sit much stiller than they ever do in our house in hopes of a butterfly landing on them.  Wonder fills their face as the delicate creatures swirl around them and tease with ideas of a potential stop. 

Most of the time I'm so caught up in their joy that I miss many little details myself. It is a portrayal of my life, I suppose.  Often I'm so busy with my own agenda, to-do list, or have my focus so narrowed on what I want to see that I miss God's sweet gifts placed before me.

Ava wandered off towards a big group of butterflies, not totally understanding that her tiny running body probably wouldn't help her cause, and opened her arms out wide.  I let her wait and watch.

And, in a rare moment I did the same for myself. 

My eyes slowly scanned, taking in sites I normally miss when I'm not down on toddler level.  And, when I did, I saw this



A love letter from the Creator reminding us how much we're cherished.

Ease up and widen you focus today, friends.  Our creative God is lavishing His love upon us...if we'll just take the time to see.

Subscribe to Fill My Cup by Email

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog today and I have been so blessed. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...