Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Perfect Easter Gift for Your T(w)een Girl

Easter is fast approaching and with it comes an onslaught of memories. 

In our church the opening song is always "Jesus Christ is Risen Today."  Families carry flowers down the center aisle behind a large, commanding cross that demands the eye's attention.  The tympani and brass instruments in combination with a band and thousands of joyful voices fill the space with hope.  Little kids dance by their parents, feeling the unique exultation found on this day alone.

Growing up my dad was a big fan of this processional and whenever I looked over towards him I would see honest tears in his eyes.  And, because he was so moved by it, it often meant staying for the beginning of another service.  Not always super cool in the eyes of a young one but a gift as I look back on it today.

When I buried my father during my college years I was overwhelmed with sadness.  Life as I knew it looked different, but my hope could not be buried because my father left a legacy of passion for the Easter service cross.

Today I anticipate the celebration because it is because of that cross that I will one day see my dad again.  And, it is because of our Jesus who has overcome the darkness that death doesn't get the last word.  He weaves together new hope into our story and brings people into our lives that never replace but always prompt a healthy beginning and new love.

We all need this hope found in the Easter cross because we will all face trails and tribulations.  We will all have question how to handle scenarios and feel sucker punched by life, and it is whether we follow human emotion or focus on Truth that will determine our outcome.

No where in life is this question of identity, significance, and hope needed more than in the t(w)een years when students are trying to figure out who they are and live in the Light of Christ despite the pressures of darkness and that is why I am super excited to tell you that SISTERHOOD magazine - that I just recently wrote about - is offering $2 off their print subscriptions if you order by March 13, 2013 using the code EASTER.



As one who was taught the power of Easter, I'm thankful for memories of my dad and all the efforts both of my parents made to show me the awesomeness that comes in a life lived out of the Easter promise.  It transforms.  Hope is born.  And, the desire to live for Him is amplified a million fold.

So if you are trying to figure out what to give the girl you love this Easter, take it from a girl who watched in her young years and appreciates it in her mature ones and share the Easter promise.  Show them your real love for the cross and give them a subscription to a magazine that will reinforce the hope of Christ as it relates to their lived experience year round.  The fruits of this tiny investment will last a lifetime.

And, if you are looking for a rock star mission trip for your girl, consider their Never The Same experience in Peru this summer.  My great friend and co-author, Pam Stenzel, will be there while I'm at home raising my three little future SISTERHOOD subscribers. :)


Subscribe to Fill My Cup by Email

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or weblog posts in this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site. Reading this info So i am satisfied to show that I have an incredibly good uncanny feeling I found out exactly what I needed. I such a lot indubitably will make certain to do not omit this web site and give it a look regularly.

    Also visit my web blog ... Discount Fees Hotels in Bali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I could have ѕworn I've been to this site before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's neω to
    me. Νοnethеlеss, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be bοoκ-marking and
    сhecking back fгequently!

    Fеel frеe to surf to my sіte :: The italian capital could be a good way to see. Ancient rome Accommodations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prеtty nice post. Ι јuѕt stumbleԁ uρon
    your blog and ωanted to ѕay that I've truly loved browsing your weblog posts. In any case I'll bе subsсribing іn yοur fееԁ and
    I'm hoping you write once more soon!

    Here is my web blog: The benefits of Shop Hotels

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m not that much of a online rеader to be honest but your
    blogs really nіce, keеρ it up!

    I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back later on. Many thanks

    My site :: Resort Discount (Hotels_Discount) about Twitting

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...