Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Making "QUINNcidence" A God Incidence

I don't know them.  Our only connect is a mutual friend who happened to be at my house, stuck by the sudden, unexpected loss of her co-worker's only baby, Quinn.  My mama heart broke right along with hers. 

"Tim and Ali are such great people," she said, "It's just so sad."

The unthinkable changed the look of their family forever.

I don't know her well.  Our only connect was a shared space, a space that seemed to lack enough oxygen as she shared the sudden, unexpected loss of her own.  And, in a different way, my mama heart broke right along with hers.

The unthinkable changed the look of her family forever.

I can't begin to grasp their pain, but the Lord, whom they both know, can.

After my friend left my home, I added this Tim and Ali to my nightly prayers and started reading their blog - a striking balance of honest pain dancing with heartfelt hope found in the One who promises to reunite them again.

It is with faith they rise to face each day.  It is with undying love that they are choosing to celebrate what would've been her first birthday today on random acts of kindness rather than they balloons, streamers, and gifts they once dreamed of.

"To know even one life has breathed easier because you lived. This is to have succeeded." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Today it is in honor of Quinn and in the spirit of our shared faith that I'm choosing to join in Tim and Ali's invitation to bless another.  They write of their belief helping them endure, and I'm going to write out that Word for the young woman facing her mountain. 

Each week I'll share a Scripture verse with her as encouragement

 

{I'm starting with Isaiah 41:10....one of my very favorite verses.}

Because we know it is only He that can move mountains.

We do not walk alone.  We walk in His presence, with the added benefit of community.

How can you bless someone today?


Any way is a great way.

Subscribe to Fill My Cup by Email

6 comments:

  1. I have put a link to this post on my blog and I am going to post it in some of the other places that I visit.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, thank you for such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. We certainly don't walk alone and I'm so thankful that He surrounds us each day. And I'm so thankful for those He's put in my life to walk with me. Thank you for sharing and for linking up with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great reminder to share scripture and remind friends they aren't alone. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great post! I am so humbled by those "we don't walk alone" because it means HE, is beside us. Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...