Monday, January 7, 2013

Psalm 19:1

I have to admit I wasn't overly thrilled when the alarm went off this morning.  In fact, I slapped the button and buried my head under the covers in complete denial that the day needed to begin. 

However, like little clocks themselves, my oldest two girls came bouncing up the stairs, chattering excitedly about wearing their new cowls and all that they were going to be doing at school. 

My lack of love for this Monday morning was quickly buried in the requirement we all have to stay in rhythm with the clock and calendar page.

I rolled out from under the covers, slipped on my UGG slippers so as to maintain a little sense of cozy, and hightailed it to the kitchen to meet them with a smile and take their breakfast requests.

Once they were eating and hair was brushed, I made my way through the living room to the front windows and opened the blinds....still half asleep.  Still wishing I was in bed.

And then I saw this.....





As far as my eye could see there were pink clouds and glorious hues of pinks, oranges, and yellows dancing with one another to create the most beautiful, breath-taking sunrise I can remember.

Not wanting to miss it, I grabbed my cell phone and stepped out onto the front step bed head hair, mismatched PJs and all, to capture what He had made.

Maybe you were like me this morning.  Maybe you are still wishing Monday wasn't here,

But just when I want to stay in bed, God reminds me He has gifts awaiting.

And He does for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...