Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Prayer for the Hurting Mom



With Thanksgiving over and the calendar page ready to be turned to December everyone is buzzing with anticipation for Christmas. Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals have people on the prowl, plans are being made, and friends are discussing programs, feasts, and get-togethers. Yet, in the midst of all the joyful expectation, there are heavy-hearted mamas everywhere painting on a smile because it feels the right thing to do but filled with sorrow inside. Today I feel God telling me to speak to you. I have a feeling the crowd is larger than I can even imagine.

Dearest Lord,

We come in to your presence on the broken side of glory. Relationships are in turmoil, lives are uprooted by natural disaster, checkbooks reflect numbers no parent wants to see, kids leave us stressed, loved ones have passed, schedules are over-booked, and energy is waning.

This season is one filled with expectation for your birth. There is supposed to be joy in gathering and sharing but when life circumstances mean take life out of us there is struggle to even find the will to prepare. Around us people around sing of the Holly Jolly Christmas being the best time of the year, and as we listen, guilt over sad feelings mount and the energy needed to wear the happy mask leaves moms tired and empty, wondering how to be real.

To finish reading my prayer, please visit MODSquad

Photo Credit
  
**I'd love for you to get every post. Subscribe via RSS or email in the upper right hand corner**

1 comment:

  1. Melissa thank you so much for writing this post! I am painting on my happy face the best that I can, but honestly this season is really just a lot harder then I was thinking it would be.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...