Friday, November 16, 2012

30 Day Gratitude Photo Challenge: Week 2

I'm back with the second installation of the 30 day gratitude photo challenge and can't wait to let you in on some of the highlights of my week.  It's been a busy one filled with a first Thanksgiving celebration, classroom volunteering, temps all over the board, lots of writing, and I received word that one of my articles is going to be featured in an upcoming SUSIE magazine.  To top it off, I'm rocking a new hairdo, which always makes for a refreshed spirit. :)  I'm down a few inches + got layers.  For a girl who's anti change, this is huge!

These were my pictures....

Day 10: Kindness


No day is complete in my girls' world without reading at least one Gigi book.  When we opened this one up for the millionth time, I couldn't help but smile.  Remembering the way Sheila Walsh created special time to meet in person and make this signing happen was truly a gift.  If you aren't familiar with her ministry, familiarize yourself now because she is special.


Day 11: Friendship



There is nothing like a Sunday morning to remind you of the friend we have in Jesus.  When I saw Mike Lewis paint this at a women's conference, I was moved by the way he could take nothing (but a blank canvas) and make it into something beautiful.  When I give this Lord my heart, He does the same with my life.  Oh, how He loves us....

Day 12: Music



Unfortunately, we returned home from our Thanksgiving weekend away to plummetting temps.  The flip flop lover in me was not ready to exchange them out for a parka, but we do live in South Dakota so I suppose it comes with the territory. :)  Needless to say, early winter means Christmas and I switched up my workout playlist accordingly.  I LOVE Christmas music. 

Day 13: Time



Given the cold {do you see that?  It felt like seven, SEVEN degrees outside}, I decided it was time to kick off hot chocolate season.  Yum!

Day 14: Creativity



My Grace is talented in so many arenas.  This year's PTA reflections theme was "The Magic of a Moment" and she entered in two categories on Wednesday.  This is her painting she titled "Night Time Sky."  She also submitted a 14 page, fully illustrated book, which made the author mama in me super proud.  In true girl form, that was also about fairies.  :)

Day 15: Family



When I was in college, my father passed away.  A few years ago, my mom re-married an amazing man.  He's never tried to compete with my dad and he treats my mom like a gem.  I genuinely love him and am thankful to have Lloyd in our lives.

Lloyd and his first wife (who also passed away) never had any children.  When Charlie and I had Ava, it was the first time he'd been to the hospital to hold a new baby and watching her grow from his perspective has been a gift.  Erupting in excitement over growth that could easily be taken for granted, Lloyd makes mundane moments feel magical. 

Honestly, tt was hard to put the camera in front of me and miss part of this interaction through the lens of my eye, but I had to capture him learning "This Little Piggy," Ava's new love.  I'm so thankful God penned this chapter into Lloyd's story AND ours.  He is a wonderful grandpa.

Day 16: Inspiration



Today I'm wearing favorite Bible verse (Isaiah 41:10) in a KraftyKash necklace.  I've introduced you to her a time or two before, and I can't say enough about this handmade business owner's unique ability take a meaningful word or Scipture passage and make it into wearable inspiration.  "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand" encourages me through every high and low.

That is it for this week's topical picks.  I'll be back next Friday with more.  Until then, find all my Instagram photos at @MelissaNesdahl and, in the case that I don't post again beforehand, Happy Thanksgiving!

What about you?  Any special moments of gratitude stand out from your week?

**Don't miss a post! You can now subscribe to my blog via RSS feed or email in the upper right hand corner!**

1 comment:

  1. I'm visiting from the link up at life rearranged. What a sweet story about you mom's second husband. And what a beautiful honor to both your dad and him.
    Alesha <3
    tobless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...