Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Eyes of Your Heart

This week our baby girl started closing her eyes



And doing this.

As my heart burst with joy, I was reminded of why it is so important...such a gift...to close off our vision to what is around us in favor of focussing our heart solely on the One above us.



Sometimes I forget this Truth.  I center in on life circumstances in front of me that, at times, leave me frustrated or, or worse yet, defeated.  In doing so, I sacrifice tapping into the inner strength made available to me through His promise.

And I want the abundant life, don't you?

Power and energy greater than anything I could ever accomplish in my own strength.

Lord, may I close my eyes to the world more often and better see my life through your lens.   

Shared at She Shares

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...