Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice No-Bake Cheesecake

This week the temperatures have dropped. The windows have been opened.  And, the fall drinks have returned to Starbucks.  These are three very positive things in my world, which has been filled with controlled chaos lately.  Between Hannah starting school, dance and Sunday School resuming, two birthday parties, two class school treats to prepare, volunteering, and having my first rummage all in the last two weeks I’ve simply focused on what needs to happen next.  I’m anxious to get you another spirit filled post and God is working a message in my heart, but in the meantime I HAD to share with you this fall recipe because in true Melissa fashion I volunteered to bring dessert to bible study tonight.

What’s one more thing? J

I’m a sucker for cheesecake and this recipe is quick, simple, and all things good.

Modified from Gina's skinny recipes
I found the original pumpkin spice recipe on pinterest and switched the crust style (to chocolate crust) and added mini chocolate chips on the top, hence the chocolate chip pumpkin spice no-bake cheesecake name.  Life is just better with chocolate, amen?!

To make it you will need:
7oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup brown sugar, unpacked
8 oz Cool Whip Free, thawed
9 inch Chocolate Pie Crust
Mini chocolate chips

Cooking Instructions:
Whip the cream cheese, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar in an electric mixer for a few minutes until fluffy. Then, add in the Cool Whip and whip once again until the mixture is smooth.  Spoon the mixture into the chocolate pie crust and put it in the fridge until it’s firm.

Now, lick off all the remaining mixture from your beaters and the bowl because it’s too good throw in the sink. J
I’m sure modifying the recipe with the addition of chocolate took away from some of the original recipe’s health value, but when it comes to cheesecake, I say “go big or stay home.”

I hope this makes your taste buds as happy as it made mine!  Welcome, fall!

Shared at Six Sisters Stuff, Wise Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...