Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Pinteresting Bathroom

Nearly two years ago we repainted most of our upper level.  I loved the paint colors but got stuck on how to redecorate the bathroom.  So the walls remained bare.  Embarassingly, even the towel bar had nothing on it.

However, God has been pruning me in areas of life, including making my house a more inviting home.  I love my home.  Don't get me wrong.  Some rooms are exactly like I want them to be (with a few kid toys scattered across the floor).  But other spaces feel cold.  As a wife and mother, I want to create a space that is warm...where people want to be...and that has prompted a few summer projects. 

Lucky for you, I'm letting you in on them because I think it's fun to see how other people decorate and, more importantly, we can encourage one another to be better homemakers.

Lucky for me, since my decorating brain freeze pinterest came along.  It's most definitely helping me channel my inner Martha Stewart.

One of the first ideas I pinned was this one,



and, as you can see, I made that pin a reality.

I bought this beautiful bathroom set at Younkers on an awesome sale right after painting.



And I've long loved this plaque from my friend, Sara



And candle on my counter.



But the walls.....

I kept thinking about this pin and when the price of the wine/towel rack dropped by 50% on Amazon I knew that it was meant to be.  Happy birthday to me!



Doesn't it look awesome?!

That became the focus for me to coordinate around so I was super excited when I found this clock at Target. 


Also wrought iron, it pulls out all the colors from my shower curtain.  Adding to my joy, the price in store was $7 cheaper than online and I got the last one. Score!

I put it directly over the towel rack, which I decorated with monogrammed hand towels from Kohl's. 



(If you like them, they are a mere $4.99 this week and you can add coupons.)  I actually planned to write out the word LOVE with them but they were out of O and V so I went with the first initials of everyone in our family.  Now I'm thankful.  Looking at them reminds me how richly God has blessed me.

Together they look great



And all together it's amazing.


I find myself opening the door just to soak it in. 

So, now the bathroom is done.  Next up, the entryway!

Shared at Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop

10 comments:

  1. Love it! Makes me want to redo a bathroom, or at least get that wine rack towel bar. What a great way to display and store towels.

    Way to be a thrifty homemaker, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! It looks great! We totally love the wine/towel rack! What a fun idea. And the towels with the family initials!! Super cute. We appreciate you linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday! It was great having you and we hope you'll be back next week!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the wine/towel rack. The way it was arranged absolutely made it beautiful. The towels with the family initials were somewhat personalize, I love that one too. Your ideas are simple and plain, but yet, it is SO brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! LOVE those monogrammed hand towels! :)

    (Stopped by from Kelly's Korner.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty bathroom! It looks VERY warm and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful bathroom. I love it! (And I pinned the wine/towel rack idea too.)

    Can you tell I'm behind on reading the SUYL posts? And I'm interested (or obsessed!) enough to want to read every single one?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the towel idea! We just shove our in the cabinet! ;)

    Stopping by from gussy sews!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your bathroom is so pretty - love the warm color you chose for the walls...and what a great use for the wine/towel rack!

    Happy Birthday! :)

    Visiting you from Gussy Sews link up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the bathroom looks great! I love Pinterest as well. I have found so many things I want to do on there. I wish I had more time. On a side note, yesterday I checked out a few thrift stores in my area, and I happened to stumble upon that same clock!! I was so tempted to buy it too. I think it's beautiful, but it was $15.00 and I thought that was a little too much for a thrift store, so I passed it up. I'm now second guessing my decision after seeing how it looks in your bathroom. Oh well :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...