Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Perfect Father's Day Cake for a Baseball Lover

Last night we went to a wedding.  Grace and Hannah were flower girls in a ceremony for a couple we truly adore (future post to come).  Afterwards, we celebrated the bride and groom in the same ballroom Charlie and I used nearly eleven years ago.

This morning when the girls came running into our room, waking us before we'd secretly hoped, I was awed by the way God has multiplied our love.  We've transitioned from a couple chooosing to dance through life together to a madly in love coaching unit spearheading Team Nesdahl.

I got ready and took the girls to the store in search of a last minute Father's Day cake.  We happened upon a plain baseball cupcake cake and knew it was perfect.

Because God hit a homerun when He made Charlie dad to our three precious girls.

Since we are Twins fans, Grace kindly asked the Hy-Vee cake decorator to write the caption we came up with (yay for creativity) in blue. 



And it turned out sweet! :)

Sometimes ideas on the fly are the best ones!

Often times as a coaching unit who tries to build a team filled with charater, integrity, and a deep love for the Lord all the while playing the game of life with joy, it requires time and presence.  As we do that, and Charlie works at the bank and I try to write, home cleanliness doesn't look exactly like I envisioned.

But in the words of the baseball great, Harmon Killebrew, "My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, 'You're tearing up the grass.' 'We're not raising grass,' Dad would reply. 'We're raising boys.'"

I'm so thankful for you, Charlie.  Everyday I look at your adorable face and the face of our three precious girls that can't get enough of you



And I'm reminded by your words that it isn't about the home detail but the Team Nesdahl investment that matters.  Thank you for being my perfect match and amazing father.  I'm honored to coach these children by your side.  You make me a better mother.  

We love you!


Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to Subscribe to Fill My Cup by Email and have every post delivered to your inbox.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing on 24/7 MOMS ..LOVE it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, really needed to thank you for the articles on "The Perfect Father's Day Cake for a Baseball Lover".
    I realize this isn't the newest post, nevertheless it felt like the perfect place to write. :)
    Also visit my weblog - Home Page

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...