Sunday, May 6, 2012

Our Little Scoop of Heaven is One! {Ice Cream Theme Party}

It seems like just yesterday that my husband pumped his first in the air saying, "I was right. It's a girl!," but a whole year has flown by and today we celebrated our little scoop of heaven with an ice creme theme birthday party.




SHE LOVES her ice cream.

When I saw the cutest ever ice cream cone cupcakes cake, I decided to give it a try myself.



Pretty cute, right?!

That got the creative juices flowing and I made her this waffle cone hat that I taped to a headband. 


It lasted on her head all of two seconds, but long enough to capture the moment and that's all that matters. :)

I also filled waffle cones with ice cream toppings for people's sundaes


And Grace and Hannah helped me make these adorable treat bags for the kids.


I emphasized her age with the yellow "one" cupcake cake between two ice cream cones.


It made for a beautiful centerpiece.

But, it wasn't nearly as beautiful as the birthday girl herself.



She is an answer to prayer and having our family and nearest and dearest friends present to celebrate our good and perfect gift from above made for one very special day.

Her birthday supper was an ice cream cone meal.


Ours was made of a chocolate chip waffle cone, bananas, and, of course, a cherry on top.  All perfectly mashable foods that make for a one year old's delight.

Happy first birthday, sweet Ava,WE LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

  1. This is an adorable party theme - and the birthday girl is even more adorable with her ice cream cone shirt!

    Thanks for sharing at Beautify It Monday!

    -Four Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness. Adorable from start to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Can't wait to bring some of these ideas to my 4 yr old outdoor playground party. Love it, thanks from Mommy Blogger Eleni

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...