Saturday, April 14, 2012

SUSIE



She called and asked me to coffee. With a latte in hand, I took my seat across from her.

“When I’m at youth group or camp I feel so strong. Everyone believes as I do. But, everyday life is so hard.”

It’s not the first time I’ve heard this. Tweens and teens navigating the waters of peer pressure elevated to a new level. Feeling like the last virgin on earth, only person saying no to the parties, etc., they must decide: Will I trust in the fulfillment that comes in through the promise of God’s Word or will I fall for the perceived joy of these earthly choices?

The decision they make will influence the outcome of their future.

Girls travel in packs and talk A LOT. Ultimately, they want to be heard and accepted.

SUSIE magazine to the rescue.

Designed FOR tween and teen girls, this Christian magazine helps them stand up to the rub of culture and welcomes them into an actual everyday sisterhood where they will feel empowered and strong everyday of their life.

So how does it work?

Well, I've written for SUSIE and I can tell you firsthand that Susie Shellenberger has created a very cool magazine your girls should be reading. Inside the pages are contemporary designs, uplifting articles about everyday issues, positive role models, and the voice of fellow sisters in Christ. Then, taking it one step further, they can be part of an online sisterhood. Girls from around the world come together online to pray and encourage one another in modesty, purity, morality, and Truth. Through online forums and prayer, they not only hold each other accountable to Godly moral standards, but they keep each other on fire for doing what’s right. They feel good about making good choices because they have friends all over doing the same thing and reaping the benefit of trusting in God’s will.

And now your girls have a chance to see this awesomeness on the shelf at Walmart!

Wouldn’t it be amazing to see Truth not trash on the shelf as you’re waiting to check out?

SUSIE is in the final round of Get On The Shelf contest. To help make this happen, you can Text 4959 to 383838 or vote using Facebook. You can vote twice daily until April 24.

Soooooooooooooooooooo VOTE!

And, if you have a 12 year old, don’t miss out on providing them this awesome encouragement. I know once my girls are out of the Highlights stage and into middle school this will totally be in our mailbox. :)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...