Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Mother’s Thanksgiving Prayer

Dearest Lord,

Tonight I walked past the girls’ room. My hands were filled high with the fifth load of laundry and I was going through the mental checklist to prepare for our trip.

A heavy sigh from their room forced my head back.

I set the overflowing laundry basket down and smiled. You were wise to make children look so angelic when they sleep. Even on the most trying of days you right my mommy emotions when I look in and see those sweet, still, precious faces.

Sometimes I am guilty of wishing my kids to be robots. I want them to wake when I am ready. I wish for them to run on my time and listen the first time every time. When eight PM hits I want them to fall asleep instantly. Power off.

But these are children....

To finish reading my prayer post, please visit MODSquad

AND don't forget to enter the Ecclesiastes Bible Study giveaway. Only a little over a week left!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...