Saturday, November 12, 2011

The CD No One Should Be Without! {The Story}

Raise your hand if you like Mark Hall (Casting Crowns), Steven Curtis Chapman, Natalie Grant, Mandisa, Amy Grant, Chris Tomlin, Francesca Battistelli, Todd Smith (Selah), Jeremy Camp, Bart Millard, Matthew West, Nichole Nordeman....

What? You love them all?

Me too. And guess what? These fine artists and many more are all part of a new album entitled "The Story." Angie Smith blogged about it with such enthusiasm that I had to check it out.


And I was blown away. Talk about a rockstar compilation of Christian artists!!!

Based off Max Lucado and Randy Frazee's writing, Nichole Nordeman and Bernie Harms lifted the voices of the Biblical people that shape our Christian foundation and placed us inside their heads.

When I read Scripture I can be guilty of reading through the story without putting myself inside the individual's shoes. And yet, if I claim a faith inspired by this history, it is so important to really think through the place and emotion of the people that mold our foundation.

Seriously, as I listen I find myself relating to the thief (Steven Curtis Champman) in my own life. I'm empowered by Esther's (Mandisa) guts. I'm tenderly encouraged my the faith filled Job (Todd Smith) who lives intense suffering. Having walked through losing his baby girl, that assignment rings genuine through his vocals. I could go on and on but the point is every song hits me because the heart of Scripture comes alive - including Jesus' (Mac Powell)heart for you. Sidenote: Grab a tissue.

The whole album can be yours with one simple click. And, if you are super lucky you can attend "The Story" tour and part of the proceeds from that will benefit World Vision, which you all know I gave mad props to early this week because they meet their goals and transform lives. Please don't tell me if you attend because I'd be insanely jealous...or do I'll pretend to live it through you. :)

With Christmas coming up, I just wanted to make sure you were all in "the know."


photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...