Sunday, October 23, 2011

What Feeds Your Soul?

This is the question the wise Luci Swindoll posed at this year’s Women of Faith.

I’ve been quiet in this space this month. It has been a crazy month to say the least. Pam and I have been working on final wording and graphics for Who’s In Your Social Network. I’ve jumped into the room mom role and have been researching and working with two other amazing moms to create a fun fall party for our sweet kindergarteners this Friday. The crisis pregnancy center that I volunteer with has required creative energy. And, on top of that, there is life. You know, like preparing meals, doing laundry, playing duck duck goose in the living room. :)

I can’t imagine a better life and yet, as a woman, I tend to think about everyone else before myself. That is why I thoroughly enjoyed attending Women of Faith IMAGINE this weekend. Women of Faith is my yearly “me” trip and I can’t imagine any better way to feed my soul.




If you’ve never been, I highly suggest gathering some girlfriends and road trippin’ it to the nearest event. As if car trips and pajama parties aren’t enough to seal a deal, the messages are life transforming.

Nicole Johnson referred to the event as the washing up of the misfits. It’s an arena full of women – no one perfect, each with their own story and “stuff” - but all passionate about their love for Christ. That in and of itself would be enough for me. But, as the thousands laugh and cry together a sisterhood is formed.

The first year that my mom went she came back with the packet on fire to talk about every speaker and vocal artist. I thought she was crazy until I experienced it for myself the next year. I fell in love and have been a group leader for seven years since. Obviously I’d love to go on and on about each person’s message and the power in it, but I don’t want to spoil your surprise when you go.

Hint. Hint.

I would say this.

No speaker at this conference will put on a pretty face and tell you how to be the perfect Christian. No speaker will preach at you and pretend to be without flaw. Rather, they will be vulnerable and transparent, combining their honest pain and valuable life experiences with faith-filled knowledge to blanket you in the One who sees you, knows you, and loves you far greater than you could ever “imagine.”

It doesn’t matter if you come feeling on top of the world, worn out, or unlovable. You will leave velcroed to Kyrios {The One to Whom I Belong} and confident of your immeasurable worth.

An added gift to the weekend was meeting Angie Smith, who actually gave me the most fun Greek lesson of my life during her talk.



Her blog, Bring the Rain, is without question my favorite blog ever and if you aren’t following it start NOW! Trust me, you'll thank me. (And be sure to go back and read this post because it's incredible.) Angie and I are twitter friends so it was fun to step out of the virtual communication world and give her neck a big squeeze in real life.

My batteries were spiritually recharged. My soul has been fed. I’m ready for the demands of everyday life…and I can’t wait for the fun to be had at Women of Faith “Celebrate” 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...