Friday, September 23, 2011

Black Bean Corn Avacado Salsa



Recently I got a wild hair and decided to tackle homemade salsa. Unfortunately I didn’t have any recipes so I did what any rational person in 2011 would do. I tweeted requests for corn and black bean salsa. :) To my surprise, my friend Jess responded with a recipe that was literally Christmas to my taste buds so now I’m sharing it with all of you.

Let’s get started!

Black Bean Corn Avacado Salsa

2 can super sweet yellow/white corn
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes or fresh tomato
1 bunch finely chopped cilantro (I’m not a cilantro girl so I left this out)
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 finely chopped fresh jalapeno (remove seeds) I promise this is not at all hot in the salsa!
1 tablespoon minced garlic
¼ cup lime juice
2 avocados – peeled, pitted, and diced
Salt to taste

Mix all the above ingredients together and dip with your favorite chip!

This makes enough to feed the 5000 so if you’re making it for a gathering, you’re golden. If, on the other hand, you are making it as a fun starter for your family (of 5 or less) I’d suggest halving the recipe.

ENJOY and have a great weekend! We are set for some quality family time and I’m reading through the design pass of book two from our editor. Exciting posts will be coming your way in the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...