Monday, June 27, 2011

Festive Fourth of July Food: Patriotic Brownie 'n Berries Dessert Pizza



The Fourth of July is just around the corner and it is time for some fun food recipes! Many of us with be gathering with family and friends at our homes, camp sites, and fun vaca spots and, as we prepare, there is one question heavy on our mind

What am I going to bring?

Fear not, my bloggy friends, I have the perfect solution for you. A dessert that is both tasty AND makes for a pretty centerpiece. Awesome, right?!

Brownie 'n Berries Dessert Pizza

I whipped up this awesome Betty Crocker recipe for my Bible Study and it was a hit. So let's get cooking! Here is what you will need-

Ingredients
1 box (1 lb 2.4 oz) brownie mix
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup fresh raspberries
1/2 cup apple jelly


To make it

1) Preheat your oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray or shortening.

2) Make batter as directed on brownie mix box. Spread in pan.

3) Bake 26 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.

4) In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Carefully spread mixture evenly over brownie base.

5) Arrange your berries over cream cheese mixture. Form the raspberries into a circle shape over the center, surround with the blueberries, and then place the strawberry slices between the blueberries and crust edge.

6) Stir jelly until smooth; brush over berries. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled.

To serve, simply cut into wedges like you would your pizza! Store covered in refrigerator.

Voila. Pretty. Easy. Good.

You can't find a better combination, my friends.

Enjoy your dessert and check back Thursday when I bring you my favorite breakfast recipe!

Now I'm off to prepare my family supper, welcome my husband home from work, and work on a cool addition to my second book with Pam Stenzel. And, speaking of Pam, she is currently on a mission trip with about 350 teen girls with SUSIE in Ecuador. They will be growing in faith and "adopt a village" through Compassion International. Please pray for them and feel free to follow their experience.

4 comments:

  1. oh, now this looks yummy!!! I am here from iFellowship. :) Wanting to say HI

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious looking recipe. Brownies and cream cheese together sounds so yummy! I wanted to invite you to come over and share your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight today. Have a blessed day :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! Thanks for sharing on our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". Hope you come back next week. -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower, would love if you came over to my blog and follow back at www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...