Monday, May 9, 2011

Meet Ava



Last Monday night my husband, Charlie, and I headed for Olive Garden to enjoy a date night. I'm thankful for the opportunity because shortly thereafter we snapped this picture and headed for the hospital.



The night was filled with contractions, which meant no sleep for me. But, that was okay because I was ready to be done being pregnant and meet our newest family member.

When morning came, I received an incredible epideral that allowed me to rest a few hours and regain my energy before pushing through a few contractions and meeting our newest princess.



At 11:36am on May 3, Ava Marie entered the world healthy and beautiful. She weighed 7 pounds 9 ounces and was 19.5 inches long.





We were surprised by the head of dark hair since both of our other two girls were born pretty much bald with a little bit of blond. I guess there was good reason for all the heartburn! :)






My husband was an incredible support (as he has been each time) and when I saw him holding Ava I was overcome with love for him as a father.




There is something about seeing your spouse hold, love, and adore your child that makes you fall in love with them in a whole new way.

The girls came up to the hospital sporting these shirts


and were completely enamored by her.










That has continued to be the case at home where we have help with EVERY diaper change, clothing selection, pajama pick, and, of course, with holding her.





Our dear friend Dr. Seger was there, making it three for three with helping to bring our children safely into the world. (If you look closely you can see one of Ava's cutest features, her dimple!)



We will forever be thankful to have a physician that so dearly loves us and our children.

And we will forever be grateful for the incredible nursing staff on labor and delivery, post-partum, and in the nursery. Everyone helped to make our birth experience exactly what we hoped it would be.

I know I will miss watching the girls' excitement when Ava was moving around inside my stomach




But we praise God that she is here and we now have a beautiful trio of girls my brother has cleverly dubbed "Charlie's Angels."



"Every good and perfect gift is from above..." James 1:17


We Are Blessed!

2 comments:

  1. This teared me up. What a beautiful family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...