Friday, April 22, 2011

"Mom, Do You Want to See Me in Heaven?"



“Mom, do you want to see me in Heaven?”

The sincere question of my five year old momentarily stopped my beating heart.

Think quickly, Melissa. This is a ministry moment you don’t want to mess up.

“Of course, I want to see you in heaven someday. And, since you love Jesus and I love Jesus I will get to. But, I praise God everyday that I get to be your mom and hope that we have a lot of time together on earth before that happens.”

The truth of the matter is this: I have a mother’s heart. I look at my children and want to hold on to them forever. I want them to be innocent, safe, and protected. I never want to say good-bye.

But that is not the way we were created. From dust we were made and to dust we shall return.

So, my goal is that to keep faith-filled discussion a natural part of our day so that the love of Jesus is FIRST in their life. I want my girls to be inspired by the Word. And, even more importantly, I want them to know Him because that relationship will impact their daily living and through that relationship we are FOREVER bound.

This Easter season provides the perfect opportunity for us to celebrate this.

“Do you know what makes Easter especially cool?,” I continued in the midst of my “teachable moment.”

To finish my post, please visit ModSquad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...