Friday, March 4, 2011

Unfading Beauty: The Modesty Conference No Girl Should Miss!


She first found me on twitter, saying that we were in choir together. After looking closely at her picture, I recognized Erin and began laughing thinking of the many funny memories still burned in my brain from our LHS concert choir days.

However, we really only knew each other on the surface in high school. I honestly didn’t know Erin’s heart or passions and she didn’t know mine. As God would have it, social networking has reconnected us and in each other we have discovered deeply shared mutual passions for God, promotion of teen integrity, and the gift of being a wife and mom.

When Erin told me that was part of a girls modesty conference, I immediately wanted to know more. After all, it fits my line of work with Pam. And, once I found out exactly what it entailed, I had to invite her to share because this is an event that I think EVERY teen girl should be a part of.

Just listen to this. Take it away, Erin!

I’m so honored to be posting here at Melissa’s beautiful blog today! And especially on a topic we both feel so passionately about!

I am blessed to be part of an event in Lincoln, Nebraska called Unfading Beauty, a fashion show in its fifth year celebrating the beauty in every woman and giving young ladies practical application on how to dress in the latest styles while still remaining modest.

Several years ago, a fellow youth sponsor at our church had a beautiful vision she wanted to help convey to the girls of our group in a fresh way:

We can enhance our outer beauty with a little makeup and a cute outfit, but our beauty is not defined by our outward appearance. It is defined by the inner workings of our heart. We can often make the mistake of thinking that if we show off the assets God has given us, we will be more attractive, more desirable or more beautiful. There is a difference between dressing nicely and dressing to call attention to and flaunt our body. We believe our intent, with our wardrobe, hair and make-up, should be to show the grace and beauty of womanhood that God designed in us.

And that vision took off in the form of this fashion show.

It has been such an amazing blessing to see both the models and the attendees transformed by a godly view of beauty instead of what the world tells us is beautiful!

And what girl doesn’t love some fun, MODEST fashion ideas?! I am inspired every time!

This year’s show will feature clothing from Be Yourself Boutique, Down East Basics, Francesca’s Collections, Kohls, Lane Bryant, Maurices, Nation’s Outfitters, Old Navy, Plato’s Closet, Shabby Apple, and TJ Maxx. What a great selection!

I think one of the most exciting parts of this year’s show is the addition of a mini-conference the next morning! We are so thrilled to have Hayley DiMarco speaking briefly Friday night, and as our keynote speaker for the Saturday morning conference. The conference will be geared toward teen girls and their moms, with breakout topics including:

*Fashion 411
*Dish on Dating
*Purpose of Pure
*Modesty Starts with Mom
*Resolving Conflict with Your Teen

The conference is a way to take the ideas presented Friday night during the show to another level with practical tips and applications, as well as letting girls and their moms ask questions in a safe environment. We will also be giving away a copy of Melissa and Pam’s book, Nobody Told Me, during the conference!

I could go on and on about how much I love this event and how much God has done through it, but I’ll just let you check out all the details over on the Unfading Beauty website!

And we would just love to see you there this year!

Fashion show and conference tickets are available online now, and you can even donate a ticket through the website to go to a girl who can’t afford to go!

And we’re also giving away a full fashion show and conference ticket ($20 value) here on Melissa’s blog!

Just leave a comment here if you want to be entered!

And for an extra entry, spread the word about Unfading Beauty on Twitter or Facebook and leave another comment here!

Thanks again Melissa for letting me share about Unfading Beauty today!

To keep updated on everything about Unfading Beauty, become a fan on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!


You can see why I am in love with the idea, right?!
If I wasn’t just a few weeks out from my due date I’d totally
be checking this conference out. It is a great way
to help girls feel trendy while embracing God-given boundaries.
We can affirm beauty while protecting character.
We can cherish who God created us to be
while protecting what He meant for our spouse.
THAT is special.

Please spread the word about this conference to all you know in youth ministry, those who serve as mentors, and mothers of teenage girls. The giveaway will remain open until Monday, March 14 at noon CST, when the lucky winner will be selected via random.org!

!!!BE SURE to leave your email in your comment so I can follow up with you if your name is drawn!!!

Lastly, thank you, Erin, for dedicating your valuable time to this special event that holds eternal value. You are of noble character, worth far more than rubies (Proverbs 31) and your joy in helping others achieve that makes it an honor to call you friend!

4 comments:

  1. UGH! I can't go! We are in FL, and it's in Nebraska!!!

    ERRRG!!!

    LOL

    I have a few girls who would benefit from that conference!

    Ahhh....
    lemme know when it's in Florida.

    Till then, that gives me a good idea for a girls lockin!

    Thanks, honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an amazing opportunity for young girls. I hope when mine are older it is still available!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful conference! If I had children it would be awesome to attend! I 'know' Erin (my fellow husker) through blogging. She is such a sweet heart. :) I hope the conference is a huge success and a special learning experience for all those girls attending! Stopping by from Saturday Shout Out... nice to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melissa,

    I am so, so glad you linked up with me on Saturday. I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner to thank you for linking up.

    I was excited that you linked up, but even more excited when I saw this post. I have a soon to be 13 year old girl and we're very interested in modesty, so to hear your heart and read about Unfading Beauty was exciting. I'd love to invite you to check out my ministry the Whatever Girlz. We focus on modesty and many other things. http://www.itsgrace.com/?page_id=295

    Can't wait to get to know you better.

    Blessings,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...