Friday, March 18, 2011

BIG Blessings in His Time

Those of you who know me well know that I am a planner. By nature I am very type A. This highly organized approach to life has helped to keep my house & personal life in line.

But, sometimes God likes to rock the boat. :) He likes to step in with a gentle reminder that He is big and I'm little; that His plans ultimately prevail.

Now is one of those times. Recently, Pam Stenzel and I received very exciting news.

Book contract number two is a done deal!

We are thrilled that after only a few months with book one on the market Regal Press has a desire and confidence in us to continue ministering to teens and young adults through book.

Interestingly, the manuscript is due May 1 and I am due with a baby on May 5. Obviously, I'm praying that this baby loves incubating and opts to wait to join us until we've hit "send."

But, I have no control.

I'm sure you've been in situations like this - where you have a desired wish but no control over how it plays out. How do you respond in those times?

Well I am choosing to cherish today. When my mind starts fast forwarding to the future and wondering how everything will go, I'm reeling it back to the current moment. After all, I have two INCREDIBLE blessings coming in the next seven weeks!

I'm taking comfort in God's provision.

Proverbs 16:33 reads, "We may throw the dice, but the Lord determines how they fall." (NLT)

The Alpha and Omega has a plan for our future and our job is simply to abide in Him. We are to live in the today and celebrate all that is before us right NOW.

Today I'm going to use "gifted time" when the kids are playing Polly Pockets (whoever invented those things is a genius. My kids LOVE them!) to read & organize for book two. I'm going to support & uplift my wonderful husband in some house projects. I'm going to help my beautiful kids make a cake for their great grandma. And, we are going to celebrate her birthday because it is TODAY.

I'm trusting that He will help me organize my time. And, I'm EXCITED about it!

Are you?

For all of you parents, teens, and mentors that loved book one on living a life of sexual purity in today's culture, THANK YOU!

We promise to deliver another manuscript you will love and be encouraged by.

In the meantime, enjoy "today" with me and trust that He has all worked out according for your good.

I just had to share the exciting news and pass on a bit of encouragement. Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Melissa. I know where you are (even though there has been very little treadmill time lately) and I can relate. I know it isn't easy to totally trust in Him. It is always a work in progress. But keep up the good attitude, even on the hard days. “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
    Keep leaning on Him, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new contract!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, congratulations on you new book contract! I found you through BlogFrog and I am very interested in your topic. I have 4 children (two are teenagers) and I recently bought a purity ring for my 15yr old. Do you have any references for me to talk to him about purity in heart and mind as well as in body?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...