Saturday, February 5, 2011

Smiley Goats

Today the Smiley Goats walked for a smiley little boy.

Sadly, this was the first year Sam watched us from heaven.

I must admit on my way there I was deep in prayer for strength over Sam's family... and my mind drifted to the "why?"

I don't know if you are like me, but when life doesn't make sense (from my perspective) I sometimes struggle. I don't like it when life feels grey. Confession: I'm a black and white kinda girl.

However, just as quickly as my mind went there, God smacked me Proverbs 3:5-6:

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."

So I let go.
I can never make sense of all pain, confusion, and suffering on this side of heaven. Nor can you. This makes the "why" a pretty much meaningless question that allows Satan to keep us from experiencing the riches God can provide when we submit to Him.
There is power in His all-knowing name.

Amazingly, while there were a few tears, today was filled with tremendous joy. An enormously large team of people celebrated a child who knew nothing but love. Jeff & Erin demonstrated confidence and passion for a school that helped their son to thrive while he was with them. And, we all clung to the love of our faithful God

to remember a much loved child.

I am so honored to have known Sam, to count myself a friend to this beautiful family, and for a powerful Word that gives us new focus and hope....ALWAYS.




3 comments:

  1. What a BEAUTIFUL post!!! I just know that Sam was SMILING down on ALL of you today! What a BLESSING that you could walk together ~ in his honor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special tribute. Thank you for sharing Sam's story. I am sure he has many smiles raining down from heaven. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comforting thoughts and words.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...