Thursday, January 6, 2011

This Baby Will Be Named...

(23 weeks)


Since we didn't find out the gender of this baby, people keep asking if we are sharing baby names - and we are. So here is the inside scoop....

Both my husband & I have always loved surprises and life offers very few of them anymore. Consequently, waiting for the delivery to find out gender is an easy choice. Well, except for the fact that Gymboree is having their bin sale right now and TONS of stuff is $1.99 to $6.99. Calling the clinic to see what was written down briefly crossed my mind, but I digress. :)

If it is a girl we will name her Ava Marie.

Ava means "breath of life." Since we prayed about God's will for family size - to expand or not - and I instantly got pregnant we feel this name truly honors God breathing life into the womb.

Marie is my middle name and we've always chosen middle names in honor of someone.

If it is a boy we will name him Josiah Robert.

Josiah is translated to mean "Jehovah helps" or "Jehovah heals." In Scripture, King Josiah started his reign at the tender age of eight and under his leadership people turned away from idol worship to God. Check out more about this incredible Godly leader in 2 Kings 22 & 23 and 2 Chronicles 34 & 35.

Robert was my father's first name. He passed away when I was in college, and my husband and I have always known that if we were ever to have a boy we'd name him after my dad.

Thanks to all who have prayed over my health. The pneumonia is no more and my breathing is back to normal. To top it off, I haven't had to take any anti-nausea meds for a couple weeks! Praise God! Baby remains active (lets hope this is solely an in utero thing or lets just say I will get A LOT of writing hours in around the clock!) and its movements are strong enough now that people can feel it when they place their hand on my belly.

As I write this, I'm experiencing a very random Braxton Hicks contraction. Ava or Josiah? In around 4 months we shall see. :)

14 comments:

  1. Awww, I LOVE both of those names!!! So fitting for your precious blessing growing inside! :) I can't wait to see who will join your amazing family...Ava or Josiah!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name Ava is fantastic! I have a niece named Ava. Great blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing this ‘Follow Friday 40′ that I saw over at Design It Chic's blog and I am now following you! This is such a cool idea isn’t it?! Love your blog by the way - the name Ava is one of my all time favourites for a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful names! Just stopping by on the blog hop and looking forward to following you. God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you ! Congrats on your pregnancy !
    I love the names. Great choice !
    Come say hi and follow me back !
    Happy blog hop !

    XO
    Frenchy
    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen. I am a regular follower who really enjoys reading your blog. I how you are having a great new year!! Have a great weekend. www.colieskitchen.com BTW Congrats on your boy or girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love of both of those names...we wanted to make sure our sons names had meaning too. May God bless you and your family!

    Just found you on For the Love of Blogs.

    Joy & Blessings,

    Alida

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there. I am your newest follower from the blog hop! LOvely blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
    CONGRATS to you! I just posted my 38 week update! I'm in the home stretch:) blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://www.RealDadReviews.com
    Following your blog!
    Please follow back!
    If you could follow me on Facebook, that would be great!
    http://www.facebook.com/RealDadReviews
    Thanks
    The Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are doing well in your pregnancy! Sounds like things are getting better. It's crazy town with 3 kids! So much fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great names! I'm sorry to hear you were sick (I haven't kept up with my reading) but so happy to hear you are all better and the nausea is improved. Yippee!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both of those names particularly the middle name Marie as that's my middle name, too:) My husband and I wanted to make sure our sons' names had meaning too so our firstborn is Bradley Joel (after his Daddy), our middle son is Justin Wilfred (after his maternal Grandpa) and our youngest is Andrew Carroll (after his paternal Grandpa). May God bless you and your family, Melissa Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there - I'm just popping in from Meghan's blog. Congrats on the baby-boo. I love the name Josiah myself. How fun - picking out names! Love it!

    I'm gonna grab your blog button and put it on my blog so I can't keep up with you. Feel free to swing by anytime to see it there. :-)

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the names. I'm also a mom of 3 girls. I commented on your name post on MOD Squad, too. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...