Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday Christmas Food Favs: Southwestern Tortilla Cheese Soup

So far my Fri food favs have been sweets. But, we all go to Christmas dinners/parties where we need to bring something of substance. That was supposed to be the case for me last night until I found myself very sick in the doctor’s office yesterday diagnosed with walking pneumonia. For a pregnant asthmatic, that translated to go home, start your meds, drink lots of liquids, and stay in bed for a few days.

However, if I would have been able to go to my Bible Study Christmas dinner, I would have blessed them with Southwestern Tortilla Cheese Soup. It is low maintenance and very good.

 

To make it you will need:4 oz diced, cooked chicken breast
2 c. canned tomatoes with juice, chopped
2 c. chicken broth
½ c. salsa
1 tsp taco seasoning mix
½ cup diced onion
1 can Nacho Cheese Soup
½ lb Velveeta, cut up
1 can Chedder Cheese Soup
Tortilla chips (optional)

Instructions:Put all the ingredients EXCEPT the tortilla chips in the crockpot and allow it to cook approximately 5 hours stirring occasionally.

Or, you can make it in a pan by mixing the first 6 ingredients in a big pot and for 5 minutes on medium heat. Then add the last three ingredients, cooking until the cheese is melted.

Serve with tortilla chips on top as desired.

To be honest, I make this soup throughout the fall and winter months. It is just that good. And, it works great in bread bowls.

Since I was unable to take this to my party last night, I was greeted with this instead.


While my husband and 3yo were out getting a new humidifier and other items for me, my 5yo surprised me with food in bed. She doesn’t like seeing mommy sick. Melted. My. Heart.

I’m going to try and sleep now. Enjoy your soup!


Subscribe to Fill My Cup by Email

2 comments:

  1. Greetings from Idaho! I'm bored at work so I decided to check out your site on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the knowledge you present here and can't wait
    to take a look when I get home. I'm surprised at how quick your blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .
    . Anyways, excellent blog!
    My weblog Speakers motivational

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...