Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday Christmas Food Favs: (Easiest Ever) Gluten Free PB Chocolate Star Cookies



Easiest Ever cannot be exaggerated.

My college roommate and I have had a Christmas goody making day tradition since the year we graduated. And, this recipe is one that has held strong since year one. It’s a keeper.

So, if you are getting ready for family gatherings or parties and want cookies for your platter, this is the one to make.

You will need:1 cup skippy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
24 chocolate stars
a little sugar in a small bowl

*Note: You can use chocolate kisses in place of the stars. My friend’s hubby likes stars better and sometimes the smallest of gestures speaks loudly of love. Use whatever your family likes best! :)

Instructions:In a mixing bowl, cream peanut butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla; beat until blended. Roll into 1¼ inch balls. Then, roll the balls in the sugar in the small bowl and place them two inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until tops are slightly cracked. Immediately press one star into the center of each cookie. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans or wire racks.

Simple enough right? I mean, you don’t even need flour! You can make it by yourself, with friends, or even with your little ones.

One batch makes about 2 dozen cookies.

Have fun making this second Christmas Friday food fav!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my! Peanut Butter and Chocolate! Can it get any better than that? I like that this recipe has no flour -- I am going to send it to my sister-in-law, who needs to stay gluten-free.
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing that I saw this post! I'm planning to make chocolate star cookies today to take to a party (my recipe is a bit different, though--yours looks a lot easier!). :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it, looks really easy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious and so easy. I am even more excited that it is gluten-free! But, what are chocolate stars and where can I get them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am visiting from Raising Homemakers and I'm glad I did. I love recipes for treats that are simple and quick to make like this. That's for sharing.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies are our family's favorite at Christmas time too!! LOVE THEM....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...