Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday Christmas Food Favs: Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls

It's been a big week in the writing world. Book #1 is available for pre-order. The proposal for book #2 is in. And, there is another fun project in the works, but you will hear more about that when it is available!

Now I've decided to relax a bit and enjoy some holiday cooking. The ornaments are out and the dining room center piece is changed. I'm in the mood for some fun.



Since I heard from so many of you that you enjoyed the pumpkin chocolate cheesecake bars, I thought I'd make a Friday Christmas Food Favs series until Christmas, sharing some of my favorite Christmas goodies. Perhaps it will help as you consider what to bring to holiday gatherings.

Today we'll start with CRUNCHY PEANUT BUTTER BALLS.

What you will need:
1 cup of skippy peanut butter
1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
1 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
chocolate almond bark

What to do:

In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter and marshmallows creme; add cereal and stir until well coated. In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate almond bark.

Roll cereal mixture into 1 inch balls; dip in chocolate (until completely covered). Place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Refrigerate until set.

Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.

Note: I've had "flops" with different peanut butter brands so I'd stick with the Skippy.

I hope you enjoy these almost as much as you enjoy our new book! You can store them in the fridge or freezer. When I go to gatherings, these are always the first to disappear from my platter.

Happy Holidays!

**Like what you see?  Get all my posts delivered straight to your email or subscribe via RSS in the upper right hand corner.  Following via GFC and Networked Blogs remain options as well!**

3 comments:

  1. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmm I need to make some of those!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh, these sound good!! I'm going to HAVE to try these out!
    -april

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...