Monday, November 22, 2010

A Thanksgiving Top 10

Every Monday this month I’ve chosen to write a post on various aspects of Thanksgivings. So far I’ve addressed point of perspective, slowing down, dealing with life’s lemons, and now….a Thanksgiving top 10.

Much has changed in my life over the past year. Some of it is easy to be thankful for – we are expecting a baby, our oldest started school and is flourishing, we’ve created many precious memories with family and friends, and my book with Pam Stenzel was purchased by Regal and will be released January, 2011.

Oppositely, there have been struggles. Our friends’ eight year old boy went to heaven. I’ve had morning, correction, all day long sickness even into my second trimester, reducing my patience with the kids and productivity in the home, and the list goes on.

Without question, I’m sure you can relate. Part of the ebb and flow of life is that circumstances we like AND circumstances we don’t are certain to be part of our story.

This raises the question, therefore, how will we choose to respond?

I don’t know about you, but I want to be certain that God’s truth guides me and not my wayward human emotions. So, I’ve created a Thanksgiving top 10 of biblical truth to inspire in ALL life situations.

1) “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 We are never alone.

2) “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28 God works ALL for our benefit.

3) “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.” Isaiah 43:2 NO situation can destroy us.

4) “He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Then the LORD will have men who will bring offerings in righteousness” Malachi 3:3 God will remove the impurities within us.

5) “As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.” Psalm 103:12 When we mess up and repent, God COMPLETELY forgives.

6) “The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.” Psalm 9:9 God is CLOSE to His people, offering a steadfast comfort in the midst of any earthly circumstance.

7) “Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.” 1 Timothy 4:12 God uses ALL His people (of all ages) to set an example and spread the gospel.

8) “I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.” John 15:11 The Author of joy celebrates with us.

9) “ I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved”. Psalm 16:8 God is AHEAD of every circumstance we face, providing confidence.

10) “We may throw the dice, but the Lord determines how they fall.” Proverbs 16:33 GOD is in control!

Knowing that the Bible is full of good news from a God that is with us, for us, and loving us, how can we help but cultivate Thanksgiving in our lives? He is trustworthy, friends, and He has all your days and circumstances (both good and bad from our perspective) ordained to make you as refined as gold – a crowning beauty in His hand.

May we celebrate with thanksgiving this Thanksgiving week and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...