Tuesday, August 3, 2010

We Are All Like Toddlers Sometimes

Have you ever

Stood at the edge of the unknown and been told to “JUMP?”

Start with this new writing project. I, your God, want you to.

But everything in you said, “Run the other way!”

Lord, I’m scared. What if it’s no good? Or, what if I spend a bunch of time on something and no one appreciates it?

And then your father took you in his arms

Listen, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10


And knowing his faithful love for you, you relaxed.

Okay, Lord, I trust you.

I’ve been there this week. Have you? I guess we are all like toddlers sometimes.

3 comments:

  1. Melissa, you are so talented! Wow! is what I say to the short story I heard of Hannah at swimming lessons and how you turned that into this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, this is so me lately too. It is great to know that I am not alone... and God is with me every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pictures. They are a meaningful match to your words, Melissa. Thanks for sharing, and for the fb prompt so I could get back to your blog and see them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...