Monday, July 19, 2010

Welcome to "Fill My Cup"

Have you ever sensed God calling you to a certain action and struggled to follow through because of personal insecurities?


*waving my hand wildly in the air* That would be me.


Recently I’ve felt called to join the blogosphere. Several of you have asked if I have a website to follow and up to this point I have not. But, as my twitter followers have grown and articles have been published the demand has grown.


I’ve known the need is there and, quite honestly, I’ve wanted to follow through with God’s calling to create a “central hub,” but inside I’ve reverted to the elementary school girl that got a “B” in art and from that point on vowed to avoid it at all costs. As much as I dislike admitting it, I’m a perfectionist. And, my fear that the site would not “look cool” or have the “perfect” features for you as readers hindered me from building it.


Thankfully we serve a God willing to meet us in the midst of our fears and show us Truth. And, the truth is that it is not about me. It is about Him.


So, with that in mind, I am choosing to let go of fear and hesitation to create the space that God has called me to establish .


For those who are just getting to know me, my name is Melissa Nesdahl, and I’m sold out for Jesus. My faith guides everything about me. In addition to being a church-goer and active Bible Study friend, I am actively involved in crisis pregnancy center ministry.


I’m blessed to be married to my high school sweetheart and together we have two beautiful girls. Staying home with them to mold their childhood experience and faith is one of my greatest joys.


When they are playing or resting, I write. In April Proverbs 31 ran “Don’t Fight the Mask” and in May SUSIE magazine published “The Perfect Gift for Mom.” I also wrote the leader’s guide for Pam Stenzel’s (International Abstinence Educator) “Love Lessons: Purity is Possible” and together we have a book entitled “Nobody Told Me” that is being published by Regal Books. Stay tuned here for more about release dates and other exciting writing opportunities on the horizon.


All of this takes energy and that brings me to this blog title: “Fill My Cup.” I am just your average girl living God’s dream for me. But, the submitted life takes energy, does it not?!


John 4:14 promises, “But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.”


I LOVE this. Whether you feel winded by the joy of life’s mountaintops or exhausted by valleys that we as Christians walk through on this side of heaven, God vows to give you – personally – exactly what you need to step forward in faith when you seek Him.


In this space, my prayer is that God will use me a vessel to point you towards His truth and a life of fullness. I will share with you my heart, my projects, and updates on my written ministry. So, with that, welcome to Fill My Cup.

10 comments:

  1. So glad that you are joining us in the blogosphere. What a great way to start with this first post! I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Blog! I can't wait to follow you! Love you lots and so thankful to have you in my life!
    P.S. I give you an A+ so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, This is awesome. Will look forward to future blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-Hoo, friend!!! So blessed that you have joined us in the "blog-world!" :) You'll love it here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, Melissa!
    Nice to have you here. :D I'm a fellow new comer to the blogsphere.

    I love your first post, and I look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT! I'm so glad you've joined us in bloggerspace and I can't wait to read what God lays on your heart. I'm subscribing now. :-)

    Your first post was definitely a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Melissa. Good work. This sounds just like you....and that seems like it would be the goal, to sound like you are having a conversation with 'us'. Glad the whole heart thing was about Jesus, and not something medical...(: love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to reading more from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved it! I'm new to blogging also, but unlike you, no one reads mine! LOL Will be looking forward to reading all your blogs. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...